In this video, Chante' Bright shows you how to create custom ceiling pieces such as bulkheads or light coves.
- [Speaker] Sometimes we like to get a little…fancy with our ceiling designs…and we don't like to see everything at the same level,…so we start including little things…like bulkheads, light coves,…or even clouds into our designs.…In order to do those and make it so that it's pretty easy…there's a few things that you have to do…when it comes to your ceiling.…Usually a bulkhead or some type of tray ceiling…or a ceiling that has multiple levels to it…is sometimes done with chipboard.…
So, it's very easy to do…but there's a few steps that you have to take…to make it happen.…So what I'm going to actually do is…I'm going to keep my overall ceiling here,…which is my nine foot ceiling,…but I want to include a bulkhead…into this design.…And I'm going to actually do it…over the space that is possibly…going to have the cubicles inside of it.…So, I'm going to go to my architecture ribbon…and I'm going to go to ceiling.…
And instead of an automatic ceiling,…I'm going to do a sketch ceiling.…And I'm going to come over here to my properties box…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.