One of the most powerful benefits of the Revit software is the unified building information model, BIM. You can make an edit in one view and it can be immediately evident in all other views. Redundancy is all but eliminated and edits can be made with great confidence.
- [Paul] We've seen that Revit includes…many different kinds of views.…We got plans, elevations, sections, 3D views.…One of the reasons that we have…so many different kinds of views…is because you can actually edit your model…from any view that you like, any view that's convenient.…One of the big advantages of…the Revit method of doing things is that…when you make an edit to the model,…you're editing the model and it will be reflected…in all views.…These are not disconnected drawings…that you have to then make the same modification…in multiple locations…in order for everything to be coordinated.…That's a huge reason why we're using Revit…and one of the major benefits of working in the software.…
Let me show you a few examples of that here.…If we're going to talk about editing in any view,…we ought to get a few different views open.…Right now, I just have a level one floor plan open.…Let's open up a couple more.…I'm going to scroll down here,…and under 3D Views, I'm going to open up…this axonometric view here which is called Axon.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.