To share Revit geometry with other non-Revit CAD users, export to common formats like DWG. The export setting allows you to customize how objects are created during the export process.
- [Narrator] In this video I want to talk about…exporting your Revit data out to other file formats.…Now I'm going to do a DWG export for this example,…but there are other file formats that are supported.…So I'll go the File menu and highlight Export,…slide over here, and then locate CAD Formats at the top.…Now I'll be choosing DWG, but as you can see…there are some other formats that are supported.…Now here in the DWG Export window,…we could go immediately to Next…and accept all of the default settings,…but what I want to do is point out…a few of those settings to you…in case you want to explore further.…
Up at the top is your Select Export Setup.…Now that's a drop-down menu,…and if you've previously configured settings…you can actually save those and they'll be on the list here.…How do you configure those settings?…You use this icon right here, the Modify Export Setup.…So I'll click that,…and that displays an incredibly extensive dialog…filled with potentially customizable settings.…Now I won't be changing any of the settings here,…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.