Google Earth VR is a simple but insightful tool to supplement architecture site visits or explore the surrounding context from a new perspective.
- [Instructor] In this chapter,…I want to introduce you to a few applications…that while not intended for designers,…can be helpful in your process.…I'll start with Google Earth…which can be a great site investigation tool.…Google Earth, on your two controllers,…on the right-hand, you can fly in…and out or around the scene,…by clicking on the top…of the thumb pad to get closer,…or the back of the thumb pad to go farther away.…
By clicking on the trigger and pointing back and forth,…you can drag the earth in different directions.…When you find the general area you want to be,…you can click on the left thumb pad…to put the earth on the ground.…Now, from this point on,…we are not actually flying…through the space but rather changing…our size relative to the earth.…And that means that the ground always stays at the ground.…
So I used Google Earth VR when…I was picking out the location for the exercise files…that we were using throughout this course.…It was a great way to quickly get…a feel for the different parts of the city,…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.