With all the XR hardware and software options appearing on the market, learn what to use and where, so you don't have to learn the hard way.
- [Instructor] The technology is growing…and changing so quickly it's easy to be overwhelmed…by the new devices and software and lingo.…Here are some quick rules of thumb…to help you know when to implement which tool.…To start off generally,…turn to virtual reality when you want to completely leave…your current physical environment…to inhabit a design that is either not present…or doesn't yet exist.…In almost all cases in architecture,…room scale VR, that means VR with six degrees of freedom…where it recognizes your movement through the space…as well as your rotation,…is necessary to provide the understanding of scale…and proportion and relationship that we need from VR…for the architecture setting.…
The first piece of that is just simple single user VR.…Every designer should be intimately acquainted…with their project and stepping inside it regularly…to check their own work.…Firms should reduce the barriers to using VR hardware…so that designers can regularly jump in and verify and test…before bringing those designs to their peers.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.