Image files and PDFs can be placed in Revit views to supplement designs and for coordination with disciplines not using Revit. PDF import is not available in Revit LT.
- [Instructor] Revit supports all sorts of file formats … that can be used brought into your Revit project … and used for references. … So, in this video I'd like to focus on two formats, … image file formats, and PDFs, … both of which are fairly common. … Now, if you're working in the full version of Revit, … you have access to both of these formats. … If you're working in Revit LT, … you only have access to image files, … you won't be able to bring in a PDF. … All right, so both of these we can find on the Insert tab, … and you'll see that there are several different buttons … available here with lots of file formats. … So, what we're going to do is focus on the image file first. … Now, there's two ways you can bring in … these images or PDFs, … you can link them, … or you can import them. … Now, the overall steps are largely the same in both cases, … what's different is when you link it, … it maintains a connection back to the original file, … and if that original file should change, …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.