The main features of the Revit user interface include the Quick Access Toolbar, Ribbon, File Menu, Options Bar, Project Browser, Properties palette, and Navigation Bar
- [Instructor] Before we get started building…any geometry in Revit,…let's take a quick tour of the user interface.…So, I want to treat this like the first time…you visit a friend's house.…They usually take you around…and they show you where everything is.…So, let's just take this opportunity…to take a really quick tour…of the major elements of the Revit user interface.…Now, what you see on your screen might vary slightly…from what I have, but the overall pieces of the interface…should remain pretty consistent…and that has something to do with,…maybe, whether you're working in Revit LT…or the full version of Revit…or the specific file that you happen to have open.…
All right, so let's start with the file menu.…So, right over here on the upper left hand corner…is a file menu and, as you might expect,…it is your file management tool.…So, we have tools to create files, to open files,…save them, export them, print them.…So, anytime you want to do…some file management type operation, think file menu.…Now, I'm going to move my mouse away from the menu…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.