In this video, rethink LOD standards in your BIM modeling by taking into account how VR can be used in the design process.
- [Instructor] An important part of maintaining efficiency…and profitability in an architecture practice…is effectively strategizing how much detail…to put into your BIM model.…Shown here is a diagrammatic graph of the concept…of diminishing returns,…that as you put more and more work into something…you get less and less value out of the work…that you've put into it.…And the goal is to find the sweet spot…where you're still getting more value…from the work that you're doing.…However, this is an oversimplification.…
And often the graph looks more like this.…Where as you put in work you get to a point…where suddenly the work that you've put in…can be utilized in a new way.…You start creating a BIM model…and then suddenly it's good enough…that you can start using the 3D content…to generate your drawings.…And then you keep improving the BIM model,…and then it's good enough…to do quality control in virtual reality,…or it's good enough to replace…some of your renderings and drawings.…With the inclusion of virtual reality…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.