Learn how to add a parametric label to a placeholder component family in Revit, so that even as a simple extrusion, the family will be recognizable in project views.
- [Instructor] In projects that have a lot…of these placeholder families…it can eventually be hard to differentiate one from another.…So I'm going to show you a technique…for providing labels,…so that you can tell…similar placeholder boxes from each other.…Before we do that we need to turn off this color scheme…that is separating out our different room types,…because the color scheme can interfere…with visibility of the labels.…So let's go to our View Template,…open it up,…and scroll down to Color Scheme,…click on it and choose none,…OK, OK.…
And now we're ready to modify the family.…You can either click on it, Edit Family,…or just double-click on the family itself.…Let's go to our Floor Plan view.…And now we want to go to the Annotate and choose Symbol.…What we're doing here is we're actually placing…a nested family within our family.…And this is an annotation family…going within our component family.…
Click on Symbol and it notes…that there are no annotation families loaded in.…So we load one now.…And we can choose Label Annotation.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.