Explore how Revit processes artificial lights. Learn how to make adjustments to light casting and how those adjustments populate to visualization.
- [Instructor] Lighting is a very important…part of architecture.…And as such, it's a very important part…of architecture visualization.…The programs that we're using to visualize…in virtual reality, or to make still renders,…are never a perfect representation…of how the lighting will look…in the actual built environment.…However, many of them can do a very good job…of expressing the feel of it.…And so it's important for us…to understand how to work with these lights,…and get them to simulate, as best as possible,…the way that the lights are actually going to work.…
As an example, Enscape here…can actually pull the parametric light data,…right from the Revit model itself,…using a format called IES.…Let's go back to Revit,…and take a look at some of these lights.…These wall washer down lights,…if we go to edit type,…and scroll down,…we can see this photometric section.…Within it, we have the angle of light casting,…the file that all this information comes from,…and then the parameters that affect…how the light is shining in the space.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
7a. Multiuser Prototyping and Documentation for Revit in the Wild
Collaborative design review8m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.