When the project team's partners are all using Revit, each discipline can work in their own Revit file and then link them together for coordination and review.
- [Instructor] As a project progresses,…it's not uncommon for you to need to coordinate…your efforts with other teams…that are also working in Revit.…And in such cases,…what we want to do is link in their models into our models,…so that we can coordinate our efforts to one another.…Now the most common scenario…where we'll see this is coordinating…amongst different disciplines.…So as the architectural team,…we'd be working here in our Architectural Model.…But it's likely that our structural engineer…would have a separate model,…and our mechanical, electrical,…plumbing engineers would have a separate model.…
And then we would get those models…and link them into our model…in order to coordinate our efforts.…So let's demonstrate…that workflow using an MEP Model…that contains the ductwork up in the second floor.…So the first step is to go to the Insert tab…and click the Link Revit button.…Here I'll select this MEP Model,…and there's really only one option…down at the bottom in its positioning.…And it defaults to Origin to Origin.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.