The Path of Travel tool can calculate the shortest distance between two points in a model and can go around obstacles along this way. This makes it useful for calculating escape routes as required by typical building codes. This feature is not available in Revit LT.
- [Instructor] In this video,…let's look at the path of travel tool.…Most building codes have requirements…for the maximum distance that you can travel…to get to an exit,…and you often have to create some sort of an exiting plan…for your documentation set.…So the path of travel tool,…while it's not specifically designed as a exiting tool,…it can certainly be used for that purpose.…What I want to do is start calculating my exiting…for this dining room here.…So I could work directly in this level one floor plan,…but I think I'd rather have a view…that's a little less cluttered,…so I'm going to right-click level one,…go to duplicate view,…and I'm going to choose this first option, duplicate,…because notice that that will only give me a view…that shows the geometry.…
It won't copy any of the tags or dimensions or text.…Now, I'm going to right-click that and rename it,…and I'll call it something like level one exit plan.…Now I'm going to use my zoom in region tool…over here on the navigation bar,…and I'm going to zoom in a little bit closer…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.