In this video, Chante' Bright shows you how to modify ceilings to match custom grid systems.
- [Instructor] Now that you understand what's happening…with the existing ceiling that you have in your space,…you now need to add to the space with what's going to be new.…So the first thing I want to do…is I want to go back to my Level 2 Proposed Ceiling Plan,…and I now need to add these in.…And there's two ways you can technically add in a ceiling…so that you can work with it.…And one of the tips I always say,…not everything likes chipboard ceilings to have…a hatch pattern on it inside of their drawings.…So when you go to put it in, you can't see it.…
So one way to get around this is to always put in…a tile ceiling first and then change its type.…Then that way you know you've got the space,…especially when you're doing automatic sketches.…And here's what I mean by automatic sketches.…You're going to go up to the Architecture ribbon…and you're going to go to Ceiling.…And from here, you have two options.…You have Automatic Ceiling and Sketch Ceiling.…Automatic Ceiling is probably the fastest way to go…because all you have to do is just click inside the space…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.