Many architectural documents require a custom graphical display. This is easy using Visibility Graphics overrides in any Revit view. Changes to graphics such as custom colors, line types, and line weights are limited to the view in which they are applied, making it easy to create specialized views focused on communicating a specific intent.
- In this video, I wanted to talk about…overriding the visibility graphics of a view.…Now, as you work in a Revit Project,…you'll start to accumulate lots of views.…And hopefully you're naming them carefully…so that the intent and the purpose of each view is clear,…but one of the things that we typically…create alternate views for is…to change the way that elements are displaying.…So, what I'd like to do is demonstrate how we can do that…and we're also going to talk a little bit about…the difference in overall behavior between…large classifications of objects in Revit.…
So, the most common type of object that we have…in this model right now are model elements.…And by a model element, I mean elements…that refer to real life things.…So, we've got things like furniture…and walls and doors and windows.…Those are representations of actual physical objects…that you would have in the space.…Things like these room tags and these dimensions,…and this color fill legend,…those are what we refer to as view-specific detailing.…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Setting up levels and grids
- Adding doors and windows
- Loading families
- Working with 3D views
- Dimensioning a plan
- Adding a schedule view
- Customizing schedule views
- Calculating distances with the Path of Travel tool
- Importing CAD files
- Linking to another Revit file
- Working with sheets
- Generating a cloud rendering
Skill Level Beginner
Revit 2019: Interior Design Project Techniqueswith Chanté Bright3h 11m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Building a Model
3. Working with Views
4. Creating Documentation
5. Collaborating with Others
6. Creating Output
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.