In this video, Chante' Bright shows you how to use wall assemblies to make column wraps for existing columns in a project and make it still read properly in a material takeoff schedule.
- [Instructor] Usually when you're doing interior walls…inside of an open space like this,…you're going to probably run into situations…where you have columns that are going through the space,…and there's different ways that you can…address those columns where you can either…wrap those columns, or you can draw your wall…next to the columns, or you avoid that area altogether.…In this particular case, I want to go along…this column wall, so I'm going to click this wall…that I already have in here, and I'm going to take it,…and I'm going to pull it to this other column,…and I want to make sure that I stop it right…at the column and not go through it.…
Because if I go through it, it continues,…and this is actually not correct if you were to…do any type of material take-offs.…It would be adding in that material,…which is not how you want it to be.…So you want to take it, and you want to make sure…you stop at the other side.…The next thing I'm going to do is,…I'm going to put in a partition…that actually wraps around this column.…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.