- [Instructor] In this movie, I want us to learn…a technique for accessing the superclass from the subclass.…Recall that the superclass is another fancier word…for the parent class, now we already know…that when we inherit behaviors, from the parent class…that the child class can call any of the methods…that were inherited from the parent.…There's no need to actually refer to the parent itself.…Those behaviors are all inherited…so they're there and they're accessible.…But what about once we override them?…Like we learned to do in the last movie?…We still have the ability to call those parent methods…even after overriding them,…and that's what we want to learn here.…
There are two reasons that you might want to do this.…The first, is you might want to perform some additional code…either before, or after the parent method.…So for example, let's say we want to do some setup…and then we want to call the parent method…and let it do its thing.…Or we want to call the parent method and have it do its thing.…but then we also want to do some cleanup…
- Defining a custom class
- Working with instances of a class
- Class and instance attributes and methods
- Class inheritance
- Working with dates and times
- Using modules as namespaces and mixins
- Raising and handling exceptions
Skill Level Beginner
2. Class Attributes and Methods
4. Dates and Times
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.