Learn some of the most commonly used terminology in SOLIDWORKS: Animations and how to understand the animation timeline.
- [Instructor] Within my timeline, I'll be constantly…working with key points, key frames, and change parts.…A key point is an entity that corresponds to a defined…component position, property, or simulation statement.…These are indicated here by my blue diamond shapes.…A key frame on the other hand is the area between my key…points which defines the timeframe of the component…motion or property change.…Finally I have the change bars and these are my horizontal…bars connecting between my key points and they indicate…a change between my key points and have various colors…to help identify the component and the type of change.…
So for example, this legend here shows specific colors…corresponding to specific types of animation changes.…So as an example I can see my explode animation will be…shown with an orange time change button, I just jump…back to my animation here.…You can see that orange change bar so that should be…indicating an explode or a position change, and if I play…through, I can see wherever I'm hitting those orange…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKS 2014with Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.