Learn how to use a camera sled. Discover how a camera sled attaches a camera to a particular object within an assembly. See how this can be a stationary or moving object so the viewing angle will be from the perspective of that object.
- [Instructor] Camera sleds can be used to tie a camera…to a moving object…and thus have the perspective of that moving object.…This is similar to GoPro camera, for example.…So, let's take a look back at my Plinko example,…or my Plinko disk falling down the board there.…What I could do is I could try to tie a camera…directly on my Plinko disk.…So, it's similar to what we just saw…in the last lesson as well.…
Gonna navigate back to zero seconds here…and at zero seconds I'm going to put a camera…on my Plinko disk here.…So, navigate to camera one here in this case.…Change the properties, right click Properties there.…And then I'll just want to again place my camera position…and target point on a single object,…on a moving object, in this case, on my disk.…First thing, I'll place my camera,…so I'll click on Camera Position there…and just like we clicked on the sketch before, the path,…you can click really on any object.…
I'm just gonna click on this disk here, let's say.…Now it's on the outer edge of the disk…and similarly my target points,…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKS 2014with Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.