Learn how we can drive animations using mates. We can control angle and distance mates precisely and alter values at specific time points to drive our animations with further accuracy.
- [Instructor] Another method to…generate SolidWorks Animations is to use,…what we call, motion drivers to drive the animations.…Specifically using mates…to control and drive these animations.…Using motion drivers, such as mates,…can be a great option for generating animations…that you want to have more fine control over.…For example, we saw using the click and drag method,…we could rotate an object say about 45 degrees or so.…But, by actually driving the mates,…we can make it exactly 45 degrees or have more exact values.…
Using these motion controllers,…we have a lot more precision over our animations.…And the two types of mates that we'll be using most often,…with motion controllers and mate controllers,…are the distance mates and the angle mates…as they can hold exact dimension values…for translation or rotation.…So, a good example of this would be…this robotic arm assembly here,…as we have a bunch of different links…that we might want to control mating angles of.…
So, what I can do, I can navigate over to my motion manager.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKS 2014with Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.