Learn how we can edit the timeline, such as moving or editing keypoints and time change bars to make changes to our animations.
- [Instructor] To edit your timeline,…it's a fairly simple and intuitive process.…All we have to do is really find any key points here,…and I can click and drag any of these points…to change the timelines…or right click for some additional…editing commands or options.…Let's play through this small animation here…just to take a look.…So it's just opening up and then closing.…
But let's say I want to change that.…Maybe I actually want to change it…such that it's only closing the vice…and then not going back to its initial state.…So I can actually just right click on this last key point,…which would be the return to the initial state,…I can copy this,…I can paste keys,…I can edit the keys here.…I can also just delete.…So now I've gotten rid of that key entirely.…So if I play through from the beginning once more,…it's gonna be only opening…and no longer closing,…as I've deleted that initial key point.…
A couple other options.…Of course, I can just click and drag these points.…So right now from zero to two seconds, nothing's happening,…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKS 2014with Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.