Learn how to suppress mates within the animation MotionManager. Discover how this is useful to increase the possible movements of an assembly.
- [Instructor] In many cases when creating manual animations…using click and drag method, I may need to suppress mates…in order to allow my components…to move how I'd like them to.…So in this case for example let's try to make an animation…of this vice closing, so I'd like this component here…to kinda move in and close,…so if I just try to do a click and drag here…of this component, notice it's not allowing me…and it's actually telling the selected component…is fully defined and cannot be moved.…
So that means right now it has a number of mates,…that's kind of locking it in so it's not really allowed…to move in really any direction here.…What I'm gonna have to do is suppress…or temporarily turn off some of these mates…in order to allow me to move this clamp.…So let's take a look at how we can do this…within the MotionManager,…first I'm gonna click on the component here,…just to see exactly what component I'm dealing with,…and I can see it will highlight automatically…in my assembly tree, so I'm seeing that this component…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKS 2014with Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.