From the course: SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpress

Unlock the full course today

Join today to access over 22,600 courses taught by industry experts or purchase this course individually.

Thread milling

Thread milling

From the course: SOLIDWORKS: Integrated CAM with HSMXpress

Start my 1-month free trial

Thread milling

[Instructor] In this movie, we're going to be doing some thread milling. As you can see here, I've added a secondary vice, and I've taken my first part, and I've flipped it on its ends, so I have the ability to get to this hole here at the end. So now, let's go ahead and start doing some threading operations. First things first, head up here to 2D milling. Come down here to thread, and I'm going to go ahead and select a library tool, notice I don't have a thread mill, so let's go ahead and create one under new mill tool, click on that one there. As far as general, let's go ahead and make this tool number 14. And generally, I would fill out this information over here on the right, but for this example, let's just go ahead and leave it off. As far as the cutter, I want to come down here to the very bottom and choose thread mill. I want a diameter of half an inch looks fine. I want a thread pitch of .1, and I'm going to go ahead and use 60 degrees, everything else looks fine here. Now…

Contents