Learn how we can change or alter values to drive motion within animations, using distance mates or angle mates to control component movement.
- [Instructor] Another method…to better fine-tune the movement of an animation…is to actually use mates, themselves.…So, if I take a look at my motion manager, here,…take a look at the assembly tree,…and it will show me all my components, there.…And down at the bottom, it will also show me…a folder of all the mates within this assembly.…So, if I expand that, I can take a look at…all the mates used to constrain my whole assembly, here.…Down at the bottom, I have a distance mate.…
So this distance mate is essentially…setting a distance between my two faces, here.…So, again, I'm looking to move…or close my vice component, here.…Essentially, what I'd be doing…is changing the distance between these two faces.…When it's fully open, let's say,…the distance between those two faces would be zero…and if I wanted to open it 20 millimeters, per say,…the distance mate, then, would be…20 millimeters between those two faces.…
Very commonly, distance mates…and angle mates can be used within animations…to, again, help fine-tune your animation positions.…
- Working with MotionManager
- Reviewing common animation terminology
- Using the Animation Wizard to generate animations
- Making complex animations with the click and drag method
- Editing the timeline and views
- Changing display and appearances
- Using scenes and lighting in animations
- Controlling animation with mates
- Physics-based motion
- Creating walkthrough animations
Skill Level Beginner
Modeling a Motorcycle Engine with SOLIDWORKSwith Leon van den Heever1h 49m Intermediate
Modeling a Bicycle Frame with SOLIDWORKS 2014with Leon van den Heever42m 34s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Animation Wizard
3. Manual Animations
4. Editing the Timeline and Views
6. Motion Drivers
7. Basic Motion: Physics-Based Motion
8. Cameras and Walkthrough Animations
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.