Learn about SQL, service accounts, and other dependent systems and accountst that SharePoint utilizes.
- [Instructor] Once the hardware requirements…for SharePoint have been met, it's time to take a look…at the software requirements, how to get them,…and some suggestions about installing or enabling them.…SharePoint 2016, of course,…has to be installed on a Windows Server,…either Server 2012 R2,…or a 2016 Standard or Datacenter…with the GUI required.…And it uses SQL, either SQL Server 2014 service pack one,…or SQL Server 2016.…SharePoint will be using server resources,…running IIS web applications,…and will need access to the SQL Server across a network.…
To do this, it will need several service accounts…in Active Directory.…In addition to being installed on the Windows Server,…SharePoint requires some additional files to be available,…services to be created and started,…as well as server roles to be enabled…to function on the server.…In order for SharePoint to be able to use SQL…for its data storage,…it also have to have an account…that has a login, the permissions to create databases,…add other accounts to SQL, and configure their permissions.…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.