In SharePoint, in order to access locally stored web pages, the server needs a bypass. Learn how to configure the backconnectionhostname for bypassing the LoopBack check security.
- [Instructor] So let's discuss how to overcome loopback.…In order to be able to view SharePoint sites…on the same server that host them…or if you have search query service,…otherwise known as indexing,…running on the same server as the web front-end service,…you'll need to disable loopback.…If a request is made from the server…to a URL hosted on the server…from its own local address or 127001,…loopback will block it because it's using something…other than the server's NetBIOS name…and URLs are not NetBIOS names.…
So there are two ways to overcome loopback check entirely.…You can disable loopback and just turn it off…or you can configure BackConnectionHostNames…in the registry and enter the exact site URLs…that you're going to allow to bypass loop check.…For more information if you want to look at…the nitty-grittys of this,…go to the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 896861.…Do not be surprised that this was actually written years ago…because loopback is still a security feature of the servers…since 2003 because it works.…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.