Learn how to create the many managed accounts necessary for running service and web applications for your SharePoint installation.
- [Lecturer] Now that SharePoint is up and running…we need to add some accounts,…both to administer the farm…and to use to create web applications…and service applications.…There is a trick though, I have discovered…that if you're going to do certain settings,…like adding farm administrators,…in SharePoint, in Windows 10, in Server 2016,…and within newer browsers you need to open them…with elevated privileges, in other words,…open Internet Explorer as an administrator…or you can go to Start menu…and go to SharePoint 2016 Central Administration…in the menu, right-click, More, Administrator.…
So I have User Account Control on so…that's going to prompt me, but it's secure,…so it's a good thing.…And now I'm going to go to Central Administration…and you can't tell that I've actually opened it…as an administrator, but it will make a difference,…so remember this, because if you cannot delete…and add users to the farm administrators group…this may be why, you didn't open it elevated.…To manage to farm administrators group…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.