Now that you've got a web application configured, learn how to create the root site collection that enables users to utilize SharePoint.
- [Instructor] So previously, we created a Web application…to put a site collection in,…and so I'm sitting here on the Web application's page…so that you can see the URL,…sharepoint.kineteco.lcl in my case,…that we are going to use for our first site collection…in this Web application.…And I'm going to go back to Central Administration,…so that we can start where everyone would start…to create a site collection, a good central point.…
So, on Central Administration's home page,…we are going to be navigating to creating a site collection.…And on the home page, I'm going to go…to Application Management header,…Create site collections.…You could also go to the Application Management page…and click on Create site collections, but here I am.…So you can see that the Web application, by default,…is the address of the first Web application that we created…that wasn't Central Administration.…
And so we're going to give it a title,…Main Portal,…and for a Description,…and this Description is largely for our benefit.…It's not necessarily going to show up for the title…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.