At least one web application outside of Central Administration is required for SharePoint to host sites. Learn how to add the application and assign it users in this video.
- [Instructor] And now onto creating…our first web application.…Remember that it's web applications…that contain the sites and site collections…that the users actually use,…and that all the service applications are applied to…and all the activity happens.…And so I would like to be able to get…your SharePoint server up to the point where…you can actually open a site.…Now, administering and configuring in detail…web applications and site collections…are at least one course, if not more,…so we are only going to touch the surface on this,…but I still would like to get you to the point…where you have something to work with when we're done.…
So I'm going to go to Manage Web Applications.…And here we are on the Manage Web Applications page,…and you'll see that there is…an existing web application already.…It contains the SharePoint central administration site.…So we're going to create a new one by going to New.…Now, there is another method to my madness.…Another reason why I would like to show you…a web application is I would like to show you…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.