Many companies use a variety of interconnected servers and services, both physical and virtual. This video lists factors to take into account when connecting disparate systems.
- Time to do a little groundwork I think. … I want to have a brief discussion … about how these different systems, … both on-premise and online … manage to hook up in your network so that you can get … the things you need. … You network guys, you can skip this … but for the less technically literate of you out there … I think that this will provide some good insight … into how stuff happens. … And I promise to keep it at a very high level. … There are basically five layers to a business network. … The first one is the physical layer, … the wires and hardware that connect everything together. … The next layer is the data layer, … the protocol that's being used to allow devices … on the network to talk to each other. … When you talk about Ethernet connections or Wi-Fi … that's happening at this layer. … The third layer is the network layer or the IP, … internet protocol layer. … Now this layer uses IP addresses to identify … where information moves from and to. … Every device on the network or online …
- Identify the group of people to be notified when making a document policy or procedure change.
- Recognize which types of documentation requires higher levels of security.
- Name the two rights available at folder level during collaboration.
- Recall the purpose of version control.
- Determine which application allows multiple libraries with custom permissions.
- Identify the term used for add-ins within the SharePoint application.
- Explain the most common cause of data breaches.