Remote working continues to grow. How does this impact information security? This video describes some of the considerations when providing access for remote workers and partners.
- [Instructor] In the era of the modern workplace, … your company may be doing collaborative work … with more and more people … who sit outside the confines of your network … and your security. … There are two big classes here, … your remote employees and your external partners. … The good news is, there are a lot of great tools around … for sharing documents online … but their security depends a lot … on how people are connecting to them and using them. … If you're a Microsoft shop, … there's a good chance you're using OneDrive … or SharePoint as a document repository. … Both of these have robust features around document security … like group-based permissions and document history tracking. … However, both can sometimes be a challenge … and many companies don't allow external sharing from them. … Google workplace has many of the same capabilities … for sharing and is easy to use … but editing online requires using their proprietary formats … or installing extensions. … Google's also not as widely used in business. …
- Identify the group of people to be notified when making a document policy or procedure change.
- Recognize which types of documentation requires higher levels of security.
- Name the two rights available at folder level during collaboration.
- Recall the purpose of version control.
- Determine which application allows multiple libraries with custom permissions.
- Identify the term used for add-ins within the SharePoint application.
- Explain the most common cause of data breaches.