To ensure that SharePoint prerequisites are installed and configured properly, it's best to use the wizard. Learn how to use the wizard in this video.
- [Instructor] The prerequisite installer…makes getting and installing prerequisite files…and setting up the server roles all automatic.…All you need is access to the internet,…access to the installation media,…that might be on the local server in a file…that you need to mount, on a network share,…or in an ISO on a DVD.…You also need to be logged in with…an account that is a local administrator on the server.…You're going to be making changes to server roles.…If it needs to reboot during the prerequisite…file installs, don't worry.…
If you're running the prerequisite installer from DVD,…then it will automatically restart the wizard…as soon as you login, and if the files…were on a mounted ISO or in a file share,…go ahead and restart the prerequisiteinstaller.exe file…manually in order for it to continue.…Make sure everything is indicated…during the wizard as a successful install…or just keep rerunning prerequisiteinstaller.exe…before moving on.…It's also a good idea to reboot…after the end of the prerequisite installer,…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.