Once you've installed the first SharePoint server in the farm, it's best to tend to a few configuration considerations immediately. Learn how to accomplish that before completing farm installations.
- [Instructor] Now that Sharepoint has been installed,…there are a few standard configuration tasks…that are commonly done for all implementations.…We always add a farm administrator or two, or more,…depending on what your organization requires.…We add managed accounts before trying to…create any web applications or service applications,…because they're going to need managed accounts.…And we generally configure outgoing emails…for alerts and administrative notifications.…Also, do you remember disabling loopback check…when we set up the back connection host names?…Do you remember what we did in DNS,…and the managed accounts that we created,…and superuser and superreader?…They apply to the web application that I'd like to create.…
Because I'd like to show you how to set up…the web application and it's first site question,…so you can see where these settings actually apply.…So they're relevant, so you see why you did what you did.…So we're going to move on to these administrative tasks…that everyone does post installation.…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.