After installing SharePoint, you'll need to apply the configurations. Learn how to use the products configuration wizard to set up the proper configurations.
- [Instructor] Now that the SharePoint binaries…have been installed, it's time to actually…finish the installation of the first SharePoint server…on this farm by running the product…configuration wizard, or PSCONFIG.…This wizard is where you specify…the essential settings that define the SharePoint farm.…So to trigger the configuration wizard…from this point, I click Close.…I know that it appears that Close…is going to shut off the configuration wizard,…but because of the checkmark…it actually is going to trigger it to run.…
If for some reason you had closed this…with the checkmark off, all you need to do…to get it to start again is go to…the start menu, and for Microsoft SharePoint 2016,…I know it says Pro dot, dot, dot,…that's actually the Microsoft SharePoint 2016…Products Configuration Wizard, and if you click it,…it will trigger the wizard.…So no worries, if you had already closed this,…you just come here and start it again.…That's what you can do on each one of…the other servers in your farm as well…if you had closed out after putting…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.