Learn how to establish the necessary domain accounts for both the SharePoint server and the domain itself.
- [Instructor] Now onto preparing our SharePoint accounts.…Keep in mind that we are going to be adding users…to Active Directory.…If you do not have permission to edit AD,…the following information may be used…to tell your AD administrators what you need…in terms of accounts for SharePoint.…Now onto preparing our SharePoint accounts.…On the domain controller,…you can open Active Directory Users and Computers console.…In my case, I've actually pinned it to the Start menu,…but you can go to Windows Administrative Tools…and scroll down, and grab it from here.…
I'm simply going to create the accounts…in the Users container.…You may want to create a separate OU…for your SharePoint accounts and put them there.…It kind of depends on your organization's policies.…So, under Users, as you can see,…I've already created some of my SharePoint accounts:…Service Application, Web Application,…Super Reader, Super User.…These are simply domain users…with no special permissions or settings.…The only accounts left to create…are the SharePoint Setup account,…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.