CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] SharePoint is a powerful, flexible enterprise collaborative solution. It could be a complex product to administer and the idea of installing it can be daunting. With this course I will show you how to prepare for success. Hi, my name is Callahan and welcome to my course on the installation and configuration of SharePoint 2016. I'll explain what you need to know in order to confidently install SharePoint Server 2016 with insights into roles and topologies as well as how to slipstream updates into an installation, preparing Active Directory and SQL, configuration tips and more.
Although theory is covered, the goal is to give you a step-by-step look at how to successfully install SharePoint 2016. From installation to the configuration of commonly required settings and central administration we have you covered. So, if you're ready, let's get started.
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.