In SharePoint 2016, Microsoft has introduced preset roles called MinRoles. Learn how to use MinRoles to standardize your installations.
- [Narrator] There are a number of services and service…applications that lend themselves to be on the same server,…because they have complementary hardware requirements.…This has led professionals to commonly design…implementations with the same services…on the same servers over and over.…These combined services are considered roles…and for SharePoint 2016, they've gotten away…from considering SharePoint implementations based on tears…or number of servers on the network,…because they assume you're going to have multiple servers.…They focus more on what roles the servers will contain.…
Microsoft has pulled from their experiences with SharePoint…Online to create presents of these combined services…with their minimum requirements in terms of other…dependencies and performance optimization already built-in.…For example, some services have to call on…other services to function and if these services…are on other servers, there can be latency issues…and if you separate service applications…based on the way your users access SharePoint,…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.