Before installing hardware, it's important to understand how SharePoint influences the hardware requirements. Learn about the SharePoint configurations and how those influence hardware decisions.
- [Instructor] Before we get into the specific hardware…that SharePoint requires from its physical servers,…we need to cover the fact that SharePoint…can be installed for different reasons,…and therefore needs different hardware.…Because of this, the role of the SharePoint server…can impact its hardware requirements.…For example, do you plan to have just one server…with both SharePoint and SQL on it?…Or do you plan to have SQL on a different server…on the network and SharePoint with all the services…running on one server?…Or do you have SQL server on the network and mulitple…SharePoint servers each running different services…spreading the load?…Keep in mind that when you install SharePoint,…you have to select the SQL server that SharePoint…will use to store its data and configuration information.…
It's on that SQL server that SharePoint will create…a configuration database to contain the information…it uses about its name space, security, services,…sites, users, et cetera.…This configuration database is the heart of the…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.