Preparation is critical for a seamless installation of SharePoint. Learn up front about the prerequisites, files, and roles required for a smoother installation.
- [Instructor] Now that the software settings are complete,…it's time to prepare the server for SharePoint…by inquiring and installing those additional files…and server roles it has to have to function.…SharePoint does take advantage of the servers built in…capabilities, like the IIS Web Server role without a doubt.…But over time, additional files have accumulated that…SharePoint can't do without.…Like the latest and greatest version as of 2016,…of .NET Framework, Appfabric, some drivers,…specific versions of Visual C++, etc.…
As a matter of fact, if you check out the hardware…and software requirements for SharePoint Server 2016 page,…you can actually take a look at the links to applicable…software on this page, and it will show you…all of the required files in terms of prerequisites.…Now, this is very useful if you are ever going to need…to install SharePoint, in particular, these prerequisites,…without internet access, and a lot of people do,…either because there's a policy that servers at your…building can't have internet access until they're…
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.