- [Instructor] This course is intended for experienced Windows Server Administrators. You need to have knowledge of SQL Server, AD, IIS, and DNS. Some experience using SharePoint is helpful, but not required. Planning your SharePoint installation is a key element for success. And it's of vital importance to understand how SharePoint will be used by your organization. Before starting this course, you should already know why you're installing SharePoint, which will drive the plan for hardware and topology.
If you are unfamiliar with the planning of a SharePoint installation, please check out my course on the topic in the library. Also, there are some really great documents for planning at the SharePoint 2016 page on TechNet, under plan, in the table of contents.
CA Callahan takes you through each stage of the process, covering everything from software installation prerequisites, to common topologies and MinRoles, to how to slipstream updates into an installation. Callahan introduces best practices, as well as steps involved in configuring outgoing email, web applications, site collections, managed accounts, and farm accounts. Plus, discover how to use some common tools that experienced administrators use on a day-to-day basis to make the most of their installation efforts.
- SharePoint installation considerations
- Configuring SQL for SharePoint
- Software installation prerequisites
- Using the Installation Wizard
- Installing SharePoint 2016 on additional servers
- Configuring outgoing email
- Configuring a web application and site collection
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Microsoft SQL Server 2016with Adam Wilbert1h 21m Beginner
1. Understanding a SharePoint Installation
2. Software Prerequisites
3. Using the Installation Wizard
4. Initial Configuration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.