In this video, Mac users learn how to apply a material by importing an image using two different methods then learn how to edit the material in the Materials window.
- [Instructor] Applying materials on a Mac…will look differently…than applying them using a PC.…If you're a Windows user,…feel free to skip to the video on…Applying Materials Using a PC.…Mac users, let's add some color and texture to our model.…First up, we're going to have to open our Materials window.…You can either click on the Paint Bucket icon…or use the keyboard shortcut, letter B.…Now the first four icons here…are all about adding color.…So go ahead and feel free to click through those…to add color to your model,…but the fifth icon here, our Textures Palette,…is what we're looking at now.…
So go ahead and click on that brick…and we're going to explore this dropdown menu a bit.…The first option is 3D printing…and underneath that we have lots of options…for adding materials to this model.…So we've got asphalt and concrete.…We've got glass and mirrors,…wood, water, things like that.…So feel free to explore but I'm going to go ahead…and add a few materials to the landscaping area down here.…So to add materials to our model,…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.