This course is recorded on a Mac and any differences in using SketchUp on a Windows machine is noted and explained throughout this course. However, this video specifically explains the SketchUp interface for Windows users. Setting up and pinning your default toolbar and additional toolbars are specific to Windows users.
- [Narrator] The majority of this course…will be shown using the Mac interface.…The Windows interface is very similar,…with a few differences which will be…noted throughout the course,…but Windows users, you will not be left in the dark.…So let's take a look at your interface.…Using these drop-down menus at the top…work just like the majority of programs on a computer.…Click on the title and more options become available.…We will move through many of these options…in the first drop-downs,…but the main focus for now will be…on the windows drop-down menu.…
This is where the main differences…between a Mac and a PC come into play.…So first step, the file menu.…Again, it's really similar to other interfaces.…This is where we open, save, import, and export files.…The edit menu carries the all-important undo function…as well as copy, paste, and more.…The view menu contains a list of toolbars.…So go ahead and click on toolbars here,…and a common one that we use is the large tool set.…
So if I check this, it appears on the left.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.