Get started with SketchUp. Learn about the essential tools offered in the 2019 version of this powerful software, and explore techniques for modeling and organization.
- [Tammy] Using SketchUp is a great way to create 3D models whether you work in architecture, interior design, woodworking or engineering. It has a user-friendly interface with a lower learning curve than other computer aided design programs. While it is friendly and easy to use, it is also very robust with a wide variety of tools and actions to learn. This is the goal of this LinkedIn learning course, to get you up and running. We'll explore the essential tools of SketchUp so that you have a solid foundation to build your 3D modeling skills.
I'm Tammy Cody and I'm looking forward to teaching you the essentials of SketchUp.
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.