Learn how to flip and mirror objects along each axis in this video.
- [Instructor] To flip or mirror an object,…you'll need to know which axis you'd like to flip along.…To flip this chair to mirror the one behind it,…we're going to use our select tool, space bar,…to select the chair.…Now let's right click on it…and choose flip along.…This is where we'll need to know which axis…we'd like to flip it along.…In this case, I know I'd like to flip it along…the groups green.…But let's say I accidentally choose groups blue.…It's now flipped it along the blue axis…which is straight up and down…so it's flipped it upside down.…
Let's undo that, command Z,…and choose the correct axis.…Right click, flip along, groups green.…Now that we know that's the correct axis,…let's go ahead and flip these two as well.…So I'm going to use my select tool, space bar,…select this one and hold down the shift…to add to that selection.…Right click,…flip along,…groups green.…And now I've flipped all the dining chairs…to be the correct orientation.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.