Layers can control the visibility of entities. This video demonstrates how the Entity Info window and the Layer window work together. Explore the use of Layers to show different options within the same space.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at layers in SketchUp.…And to do that, we'll need to open a few windows.…Mac users, you can use the Window drop-down menu.…And we're going to open up Entity Info,…and return to the Window drop-down menu,…and select Layers.…Feel free to stack these by clicking…and dragging on the bar, and snapping to the bottom.…And minimize them as needed by clicking on the gray bar.…PC users, you'll find these trays available…under the Default Tray on the right-hand side,…and if you're not seeing these in the Default Tray,…you'll need to visit the Window drop-down menu,…and make sure that they are checked…in the Default Tray option.…
If you're seeing your Layers window look a bit like this,…like it's a bit short, go ahead and grab…the bottom right-hand corner triangle,…and pull that down just a bit.…You don't need to see all of them,…just a few more so that we don't need…to scroll as much.…So, layers control the visibility of entities.…As I uncheck the visibility of these,…I can see them disappear temporarily.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.