Explore how to measure angles and create angled guidelines using the Protractor tool in this video.
- [Instructor] The Protractor tool is great…for measuring angles and creating guidelines.…Activate the Protractor tool…by clicking on the Tools drop-down menu and then Protractor.…This tool is also available under View,…Tool Palettes, Large Tool Set.…If you happen to have this activated already,…it's available right here.…A protractor will appear,…and as you move your cursor around faces,…it will align with the face…that your cursor is currently over.…Let's measure an angle…so that we can draw a roof on the shape of this house.…
So I'm going to start with this midpoint here.…And if you're having trouble getting it…to align with this face and turning green,…if it's turning blue and wanting to align…with the top of it here,…you can use your arrow keys to align your protractor.…In this case, we want it to be green,…so we're going to hit the left arrow.…But if you wanted it to align to the right axis,…you can hit R for red axis, up for the blue,…and again left for green, which is what we're looking for.…The Protractor tool is a three click and release tool.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.