When the materials in the model list grow too long, you may find it difficult to find what you are looking for. This video shows how to purge the list of unused textures using the Model Info window.
- [Instructor] Let's take another look…at the Materials window…by clicking on the paint bucket icon.…I'd like us to click on the brick icon at the end…and visit the Colors in Model library…in the dropdown menu.…Now, you can say that my list is starting…to get a little bit long.…As I add more materials to my model…and maybe even bring in more materials…from an external source or the 3D Warehouse,…I can see that this list starts to get a bit long,…and just because we're no longer using material…doesn't mean that it automatically deletes itself…from this list.…
So every once in a while, we'll need to clean this up.…The longer this list gets,…the more difficult it can be to find materials…that we're actually still interested in using.…So we're going to purge this list by going to Window,…Model Info, and now we're going to go done to Statistics…and choose Purge unused.…And you can see that this list got quite a bit shorter,…and now it's a little bit more manageable.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.