Using the Position Camera tool, learn how to set the camera view in place and use the Look Around tool to change the view.
- [Instructor] Sometimes it can be difficult…to set your camera in your model to view it as you would…at human scale standing in the space.…The Position Camera tool will allow you…to set your camera within the model…and specify an eye height.…We can find this tool in the Large Tool Set…under View, Tool Palettes, Large Tool Set.…The icon is in the lower left hand side.…It's a figure with the red lines coming out of its feet.…Or you can activate the tool…by going to Camera, Position Camera.…
There are two ways to use the Position Camera tool.…If I click and release on a face within the model,…the camera will be set directly over that click point,…plus five foot six higher than the face you clicked on.…If I click on the patio, which is on the ground plane,…it will set down my camera…with an eye height of five foot six.…Another method will give us more control…over which direction the camera is looking.…So let's try this method to see what the person is seeing…if they look toward the building.…
I'll activate the Position Camera tool again.…
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.