- Drawing a 2D ground plan
- Drawing scenic elements
- Making walls 3D
- Adding textures
- Adding props
- Lighting and rendering with SU Podium and V-Ray
- Creating presentation and construction drawings with SketchUp LayOut
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Hi, my name is John Romeo and welcome to SketchUp for Set Design. This course takes you through the process of building a 3D model of a loft set and then rendering the set in SU Podium and V-Ray. The loft set can be used for either theater or film. We will begin with a simple ground plan and then add the walls, the posts and the beams, the I-beam, the skylight, the backdrop, construction details exactly the way we would build it, including the nailing blocks and the jacks, and then add the furniture, the floor, and the set dressing, and add a lighting grid to make the set easier to light.
Then, when the model is complete, we will render the set in SU Podium and V-Ray. So, let's get started.
1. Getting Started
2. Scenic Element Objects
3. Scenic Construction Details
Add props and set dressing2m 20s
6. SU Podium Lighting and Rendering
SU Podium lighting7m 9s
7. V-Ray Lighting and Rendering
8. LayOut Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.