You should have SketchUp Pro 2019 downloaded on your computer or a 30-day trial. This video explains that SketchUp Make 2017 is still available, but SketchUp no longer offers support for the version. Although this course is recorded on a Mac, the differences between the Mac interface and the Windows interface is noted throughout the course.
- [Instructor] To begin this course, you should have SketchUp Pro downloaded onto your computer. It is available for purchase from sketchup.com where a free 30 day trial is available, as well. This course is recorded using SketchUp Pro 2019. However, versions 2018 and 2017 will be compatible with this content, as well. I will be noting the differences between them as we move through the course. Upon opening SketchUp for the first time, you'll be prompted with a sign in screen and a space to add your license.
If you haven't added your license yet, you'll follow the prompts from the link below. Your license number is available in the email sent from SketchUp when you purchased your Pro license. If you'd like to sign into your account, use the Sign In button and follow the prompts. You can sign in using your Trimble ID or your Google ID. I'm going to go ahead and log in and open SketchUp. I will teaching the majority of the course on a Mac computer. However, there will be optional and additional content for Window users, as there are some differences between an Apple operating system and Windows operating systems in SketchUp.
- Navigating the interface for Mac and Windows
- Customizing toolbars
- Selecting and moving objects
- Drawing lines and shapes
- Modeling from a floor plan image
- Resizing and rotating objects
- Using organizational tools
- Working with components
- Creating and applying materials
- Animating and exporting your drawings
Skill Level Beginner
SketchUp Pro: Dynamic Componentswith Scott Onstott3h 13m Intermediate
What you should know1m 16s
1. The SketchUp Interface
2. Manipulate Objects
3. Drawing in SketchUp
4. Modeling from a Floor Plan Image
7. Document and Stylize
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.