Learn how to add clauses and expressions to query methods.
- [Narrator] Now that we've run some simple…spring data query methods,…let's kick it up a notch and look at some samples…of query methods containing clauses…and more complex property expressions.…So we have in this view here…using conditional expressions within a query method.…findByFullTimeOrAgeLessThan and the parameters are…passing in whether they're full or time or not…and the maximum age.…findByAttendeeFirstNameAndAttendeeLastName…so the parameters are first named passed in…and last name passed in.…
And it's also good to know that findByAttendee…passing in the person object…yields the same list of students.…Next we have query methods using expressions with operators.…Let's look at findByAgeGreaterThan minimumAge.…So we want to find students older than a certain age.…findByFullTimeOrAgeLessThan so we pass in…the fullTime status and the maximum age.…findByAttendeeLastNameIgnoreCase so we're passing in…the last name and it's not case sensitive.…
And then a wild card search findByAttendeeLastNameLike…and so we'll pass in a likeString.…
AuthorMary Ellen Bowman
In this course, learn how to easily implement JPA-based repositories using Spring Data JPA. Mary Ellen Bowman describes the Spring Data umbrella project, and helps you understand JPA for object-relational mapping. She also covers querying, and dives into other Spring Data Commons features such as QueryDSL and auditing.
- Spring Data Commons
- Using JPA for object-relational mapping
- Declaring Spring Data Repositories
- Creating query methods with property expressions and @Query
- Query by example
- QueryDSL Spring Data Extension
- Spring Data REST
- Introduction to Spring Data Mongo
- Common pitfalls
Skill Level Intermediate
Java Database Access with Hibernatewith Peggy Fisher1h 28m Intermediate
1. The Spring Data Umbrella Project
Spring Data Commons2m 39s
2. Understanding JPA for Object-Relational Mapping
3. Introduction to Spring Data JPA
4. Querying with Spring Data
5. More Repository Types
6. Special Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.